Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Bones Nelson is honoured to have a place at Get Funky Boutique!


Get Funky is a little store tucked just north of Princess Street at 39 Montreal St Kingston, Ontario.  Owned and curated by Aara Macauley it is the kind of place that makes any creative type swoon.  High ceilings, bright colours, fabulous light and awesome decor -- add in the merchandise and there's eye candy everywhere you look!  

I was delighted to meet the owner herself a couple of weeks ago and I must say that I found her to be as charming as the Boutique she has created.  You can read more about Aara and her business journey right here.



Lucky for me she found something to like in my work and I've got my first batch of consignment merchandise in the store as of today.  I brought down a sampling of baby, toddler and kids wear featuring my original designs.  They are old school in more ways than one:  I have tried to keep a rockabilly vibe to most of the pieces, focusing on tattoo art and day of the dead imagery.  Not only are the images a throwback, but I`ve used a good old fashioned Hix heat press to apply the decals!  Ahhh, nostalgia!

For a look at what's in the store, check out Get Funky on facebook by clicking HERE.

Look for my DOTD (Day of the Dead) ornaments and Pop Art prints to be available there shortly, too!  To get an eyeful of what's coming, please check out my website by clicking:  Sherri Nelson Art and Wares

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, oh yes it will. :)